Japan Climate Policy Center
1. For Japanfs decision on climate policy (policy on global warming prevention) to be made with the long- term perspective and the objective information analysis, JCPC will accumulate domestic and international information on climate change policy, energy resource policy and other related environmental policies and analyze their trends. The results will be released to the public.
2. JCPC will make recommendations on Japanfs domestic climate change policy.
3. JCPC will make proposals on international legal framework on climate change policy.
Subjects of Activities
To research on Japanfs domestic climate change policy and on the international legal framework for climate change policy, JCPC will organize workshops, collect and analyze wide range of policy information, and submit long to mid term climate change policy proposal from the results of researches.
In the process of concluding the policy proposal, JCPC will exchange opinions with stakeholders so as to construct strategic and realistic proposals.
For the nonce, JCPC will focus on a research of climate change policy beyond 2013 by organizing workshops.
2. Disclosure & Provision of information and policy proposal
JCPC will release achievements on domestic and international climate change policies from accumulated information and research results as much as possible, for members and partially non- members as well.
Information release will be made via home page, email letter, symposium, or handouts.
3. Human resource exchange and Policy Dialogue
To exchange opinions on climate change policy with highly knowledgeable persons or politically influential persons in terms of policy making and realization, JCPC will dispatch Japanese researchers to overseas conferences or governmental and or research institutes and will invite knowledgeable persons, researchers or administration officials from overseas.
In the case of inviting someone from overseas, JCPC will hold a symposium.
In 2006 and 2007, JCPC invited researchers and administration officials from UK, Germany, USA, India and held symposiums about the international framework on climate change and the emission trading scheme to exchange opinions with Japanese researchers and JCPC members.
From Japan, JCPC member attended COP/MOP.